Tuesday, January 21, 2014

    One of the trends I've resisted in my books that is purported to help sell, is the use of profanity, nudity, and/or gratuitous sex. I believe a good, interesting and believable story can be told without these items. I feel they add nothing to the story and can detract from it.
    Often watching recently made films, I frankly find it distracting to hear the f... word come out regularly. I started working in construction when I was 14 and amazed at how many people couldn't seem to form a sentence without that adjective. In fact, that one word was used as a noun, adjective, verb, adverb and pronoun and exclamation of surprise, happiness, pain and despair.
     Maybe that's one of the reasons I prefer reading a story than watching one.

No comments:

Post a Comment